Sunday, December 14, 2008

News and Radio


We're in the news and radio this week.

I do my best to honor you and not make a fool out of myself in a radio interview here and a newspaper article here.

This is a decent quote from me:
Copeland said it will be a "Messiah" like no other, even for those who know it well.

"The thinking that Leppard brings is creative and, I would use the word 'brilliant.' He's not just someone trying to do authentic performance practice. He has embraced the performance practice spirit and brought a unique flair to it."
But here's what I find most interesting:
Leppard is confident his ideas will serve the purposes of "Messiah," which are as much dramatic as spiritual.

"Handel wasn't a great believer, but he was so moved by the whole concept of 'Messiah,' and that's probably true for a lot of people," he said. "Music will do that a lot of times."
I find Leppard's comment about his dramatic and spiritual ideas to be the most fascinating part of the article. That's what I've found most interesting in preparing my first Messiah with you guys . . . the dramatic and spiritual nature of Leppard's ideas. I think we are in for a treat . . . and I'll see you there soon!

plc