Monday, September 22, 2008

Markings for Messiah - UPDATED

It's time to start marking scores for the Messiah.

I've compiled nearly all of Mo. Leppard's marks into this document and will post a scan of one movement that got a little complicated.

Please mark your scores accordingly and ask me to translate anything . . . it's likely that I will post answers to questions here on the blog for the benefit of everyone.

UPDATED: Here's the marked version of "And With His Stripes."

UPDATE II: I didn't give any markings in the versions above on No. 51 "But Thanks." It was an oversight; probably because I did this over three SEC football games this weekend!

Here are some markings to get into your score:

No. 51 "But Thanks."
Beginning: TUTTI
Publish Post

m. 36 all parts decresc.
m. 37-53 SOLOISTS ONLY
m. 53 tutti chorus, forte on the & of 4
m. 60 SOLOISTS TAKE OVER AGAIN
m. 64 Soprano joins on & of 3; rest of choir joins again on & of 4